CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From zhuiastate.edu  Tue Apr  2 22:39:55 2013
From: "Hu, Zhiliang [AN S]" <zhuiastate.edu>
To: Multiple Recipients of <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: RE: General questions of using crimap
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 22:39:55 -0500

Large SNP data for linkage analysis is known to be a computational
challenge lately. Do you wish to share the size of your computer (e.g. RAM,
CPU, OS, etc) and how you have selected your subgroups (e.g. pedigree,
number of 1st/2nd/etc generation individuals, number
of markers, knowingly from one chromosome or not, etc.)

For your second question, you may be interested in this example:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=839401

Zhiliang