CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From zhuiastate.edu  Sun Feb 23 21:12:39 2014
From: "Hu, Zhiliang [AN S]" <zhuiastate.edu>
To: Multiple Recipients of <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: RE: When to stop flipping?
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 21:12:39 -0600

Jisca,

You may wish to take a look at this scroll-through tutorial to start with:
http://www.animalgenome.org/hu/CRIMAPwkshp/  (step 6). In general you'd like to
make the sum LODs smaller by flipping - when this come to little changes
after a flip, it implies an optimal order is close.

Flips2 is my good friend. Multiple flips at a time is slower, often used in
the beginning to quickly settle with a rough order before you do flips2.

You will learn once you start. Have fun and good luck,

Zhiliang